Alone and empty in the middle of field, sits the abandoned Lower Eightmile School. The school's beginning date was 1904
The historic town of Eightmile was named by pioneer ranchers after its location on Eightmile Canyon, 8 miles up Willow Creek from the Columbia River.
The only remaining evidence that a town or community once flourished in this small valley is the abandoned school and an old pioneer cemetery which was established in 1877. The overgrown cemetery sits in view of the school on a nearby hill.